what is communication?
Communication is necessary for every interaction. We communicate with each other all day. But, much can go wrong in the process. Communication is necessary for working together. Working together can provide us with a wider audience, more political strength and more knowledge and experience. Therefore we need communication, and we need to improve it all the time.
NGO Communication it's an initiative that offers support for a better communication in the NGO field. We want to make Communication more approachable for people being familiar with this field or not.
The project stated from working both in the corporate field and there moving to the other side into an NGO I was able to see that NGO’s have great idea, develop important project for their communities, but they fail to communicate them and so they fail to obtain moral and financial support to improve or sustain this project.
The NGO Communication Camp is our project toward offering a practical toolkit to be implemented in the non governmental sector. This project cover the major areas of a strategic communication plan, including a series of training, workshops and seminars covering themes as:
2. Brand& Logo
3. PR& Media Relations
4. Web design
5. Social Media
7. Promotional Materials
8. Internal Communication
9. Employee Value Proposition
10. Backpack Journalism
11. Ideation and creative methods
12. Corporate Social Responsibility
13. The 6 Thinking hats
14. Personal Branding
who attends the ngos' communication camp:
The camp is the place where managers and marketing and communication NGO specialist meet and share knowledge related to the communication topic.
In the 1st edition of the project in 2013, 22 people form 11 European countries meet, learned and shared their common interest in the main topic of the project, “the use of communication tools in promoting NGOs and their activities, in the present European context.
The project, a multilateral 4.3 Youth in Action Training Course , took place in Păulești, a city near Ploiești in Romania. This Training Course enhanced the participants comprehension of the Strategy steps, tools and market analysis in order to be able to be more practical and effective in their organizations. The target group for this project was represented by young active persons involved in the NGO’s activities, mostly represented by project managers, volunteer leaders, people who are passionate about communication and that are able to multiply the communication knowledge.
In the 2nd edition of the project we went further and connected the digital technology with the power of the heroes in our NGOs stories. So the 30 participants that were involved in our project this year found out how to create great stories, how to design creative promotional materials and how to values their employees.
This year also, the project was financed by the Erasmus +. Erasmus+ is the new EU programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport for 2014-2020, starting in January 2014.
The 3rd edition of the workshop had as an objective to develop new skills, abilities and competences for 32 youth workers, that for 12 days experienced in May 2015, new methods for ideation, creativity, brainstorming, storytelling and personal branding in Paulesti, Romania. The project was financed this year also by the Erasmus +.
Objectives of the Training Course are:
- to create a space for young people to develop theirs kills, knowledge and attitude (SKAs) regarding Communication through Public Relations, Social Media, General Strategic thinking, Logo and Branding, Web design and Optimization trainings;
- to provide a space for young people to develop their competencies and encourage them to use creative and innovative approaches in new media issues & bring their ideas forward in order to develop the field of Communication and New Media;
- to explore youth participation in the online world and how to use it effectively in youth organizations and civil society;
- to identify the specific needs and channels for education through communication online media for youth;
- to be aware and make a proper use of concept of youth and internet rights.
- developing the intercultural dialogue between 22 European youngsters from 11 different countries through activities based on formal and non-formal education, which highlight the traditional communication of their countries.
- this will provide a place where people are being creative, exploring entrepreneurial work and youth initiatives
- to create an international communication support platform where youngsters and trainers can have a meeting point to exchange information and knowledge regarding New Media tools, Campaign strategy development, Public Relations applied, Study cases on Communication. It will be a place where you can find trainings, but also socialize with people which live similar experiences like their ones.
The content of this website does not reflect the official opinion of the European Union. Responsibility for the information lies entirely with the author(s).